Monday, October 28, 2013

Welcome to my blog!

Good Afternoon Everyone! Welcome to my very first blog post :) I am not new to crafting but I am however fairly new to stamping, card making, and custom made scrap booking. I have some favorite stamp collections that I am just head over heals in love with, one of them being The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Barnard. So of course I just had to join her club :) When my very first Stamps of Life stamp set arrived my mind started going crazy! I had never handmade a card before but I knew without a doubt that I was going to hand make ALL of my Christmas cards this year. I know crazy right, LOL! I must say the craziness worked because here is my very first ever handmade card and the start to my handmade Christmas cards. I am beyond thrilled with the way it turned out :)

Front: The camera doesn't pick it up the sparkle, but there are areas with silver glitter that makes this card super blingy!
 
 Inside: I have not personalized the inside yet, but I will be using a stamp from one of the collections listed.



Here is what I used to make this card: From The Stamps of Life - stamp sets lights4christmas and holly4christmas. I as well used the die set Christmas Lights Dies and the Framelit Die Set 11pk Card Circle Flip Its #2 (the Framelit Flip Its can be purchased from The Stamps of Life or Sizzix). I used 2 different embossing folders - Sizzix Bubbles A2 Large (from the Summer Set) and The Paper Studio Patterned Polkas A2. Other items used - cardstock in various shades s of teal, silver glitter cardstock, VersaMagic Turquoise Gem chalk ink, Scribbles in Shiny White, and Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink in a teal color, and lastly a brush on silver glitter.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I was quite excited that it came out so good considering it was my first card. I was expecting the first one to end up in the trash, lol! Unfortunately the camera didn't capture all the sparkle though :( Still trying to figure out how to take pictures of bling, lol! Thank you so much again!

    ReplyDelete