Sunday, September 14, 2014

Happy Sunday :)

     Howdy everyone! I just wanted to give you all a quick little update and an apology for not posting in a while. My family and I have had quite an adventurous couple months. Due to my health issues I am limited on my wifely duties, which a lot of people say I am lucky because I get out of doing the laundry, dishes, and cleaning. So that means my husband is way more than just the bread winner of the household... he is in every way the man of the house. He is the most amazing man and husband a woman could ever ask for. He cooks, cleans, does laundry, does all the major physical activities with our kids like go to the gym, and he still manages to do the "manly" things of the house like trash, lawn care, fixing broken things etc. Like I said, he is AMAZING and because of so many more reasons beyond that, he is my hero!
     So just imagine how much our world came to a complete stop when he had a freak accident. If I told you the story of what happened it would gross you out but it would make you laugh at the same time. Only my crazy family can take a tragedy and turn it into a comedic event. I will save you the horrific details and just say that because of the accident I have had to step up big time. I have had to really push myself to do things that my body and health otherwise tell me I can't do. To say it has been an extreme challenge not only for me but for my family is an understatement.
     My husband has a long road of recovery yet to go but things so far are going good. To him this accident is a walk in the park compared to when he had cancer in his 20's. To be honest even though this was a terrible accident it could have been much worse, so we truly feel God was watching over him that day and is still is because everything has gone right despite all that could have gone wrong.
     So to sum all this up in a nut shell, because I have had to be more physically active it has caused me to also be in a lot more pain which is why I haven't been able to be my crafty-self lately. Now that things are beginning to calm down a bit and my husband is starting to do a little more on his own it won't be long before I am back to my crafty-time. I have a ton of "Thank You" cards I need to make so I will be sharing those with you once I get them made, plus I will be working on my Thanksgiving and Christmas cards too. Something else I am wanting to do is to blog on a more regular basis so after the holidays my 2015 goal is to blog regularly and I would really love your opinion on which you would prefer... Would you prefer me to blog a couple times a month showcasing several projects at once or would you prefer me to blog once a week showcasing 1 project (occasionally 2) every week? Would you prefer I mix up the blog posts by one time showcasing a project, the next a technique, and then other show products? Let me know what you think either by leaving a comment or sending me a message. I really would love to make it onto the Design Team of my favorite crafting products so I greatly appreciate all your support and feedback because you help me to continually grow :) I wish you all a wonderful week and I will 'blog at ya' soon ;)

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your health issues. I'm praying that the Lord would lift you up and heal your body! And hoooooooray for such a wonderful husband to help out! I pray that he would be blessed for his love and taking over during this time!!!

    THANKS so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love <3 YOU made my DAY!!!!!!!!!! TONS of love, Sav <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind word and for lifting me up in prayer, it means a lot and I am so grateful! God Bless!

      Delete
  2. Hey hey, Charity! I hope you are feeling better:) <3

    Happy THANKSGIVING!

    And THANKS soooooo much for stopping by the VS blog and leaving me some love! YOU ROCK! Your comment totally made my day <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you better healthy for 2015. I am so glad you are staying positive. That's half the battle. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for you sweet words! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Hi Charity!
    I enjoyed browsing through your blog. I'm so sad to see that you haven't been posting any new projects. God has certainly given you MUCH talent. If you do ever decide to start posting again, I would sure love to have you fellowship with us over at Word Art Wednesday. We are a Christian Challenge Blog. I share a brief devotional each week, and a free scripture file. I am always here to listen, be a friend, and pray for your needs. I hope you will stop by to say hello. Your art is lovely!
    God bless you,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday - www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    My Cup Runneth Over - my personal blog - www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, Charity!
    Since I don't have your email, I had to reply here again. I'm so sorry to hear that you went through an unpleasant experience in the crafting world. Please remember that we are dealing with sinful people. Even "Christians" will disappoint us because of our sinful nature. I would love to chat with you sometime if you want to email me (karen dot mycuprunnethover at gmail dot com) so we can talk more about it. Remember this, when you have a talent/a gift God has given you, you need to use it to glorify God . I'm not saying that you're not; I'm just saying that you CAN'T let Satan steal the joy that comes from doing what you love to do. I was really hurt by a shop owner last year who kept asking me to Guest Design for her on both of her challenge blogs, and so finally I just asked if I could be on her Design Team full-time. She actually said to me that "while I enjoy having you Guest Design (like using you for your talents), I can't have you on my Design Team because you sprinkle your religion in your blog posts and comments". WOW! I was really hurt. You can use me as long I don't "dirty" your company with my religion? Really? And now, she has a Mormon designer on her team who has the temple symbol on her blog and all kinds of Mormon stuff on her blog. It definitely hurt me. But I just decided that it's on HER and she has to answer to God for keeping Him out of her company (which, by the way isn't doing very well). We can't prosper when we leave God out of things. She told me "she's a Christian, but she just can't bring God into her company". Well, I immediately thought of Revelation 3:16. I won't ramble on this...I just wanted to mention it because I had to let it go and give it to God. NOBODY is going to steal my joy! God has given me talents, a capable body, a clear mind, and He alone will always receive the glory for ALL that I do. Some people will reject me, but that's ok. I know I'm right with God; and that when I stand before Him one day, I can honestly say I never denied Him before man. I don't mean to type out a sermon here. I just really want to encourage you to get back into blogging and to rediscover the great JOY that comes from fellowship with true believers who love the Lord. Make a new start! I look forward to seeing your art, and having you join us Word Art Wednesday. I hope to chat soon!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen :) Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I can see I am not alone in disappointment. Here is my email address bizarrecreativity@gmail.com so feel free to message me anytime. I'm going to send you a message here in a few minutes so when you see that email address you will know it's me :) Thank you again for all the encouragement! God bless!

      Delete