Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Word Art Wednesday #184

     Thank you for joining me once again for our Word Art Wednesday Challenge! This is challenge #184 featuring Bible scripture Deuteronomy 30:14. Sorry this blog post is going to be a bit brief with regards to my card details. The school year is winding down for my daughter who is home-schooled via an online program and it's that time where we need to get all of her work finalized and submitted, which is a chore all in itself. LOL! Then on top of that one of my little fur-babies has unexpectedly become paralyzed. Usually things like this show early symptoms, happen from an injury, or from old age but she is only 5 and didn't suffer an injury of any kind. We have no idea why she has become paralyzed but after the vet did all her tests, she is confident that this is permanent, so my fur-baby is going to need a wheel chair for the rest of her life. Poor baby already suffers from seizures, but she has been doing fantastic on her medications, and the vet feels that she isn't suffering with any internal pain from the parallelization so with the wheelchair and the seizures currently being under control, it looks like she will still be a very happy baby with a long beautiful life ahead of her. Until I am able to purchase a wheelchair for her, it means a ton of extra work on my family. She has to be carried everywhere and carefully monitored so that she doesn't fall, hit anything, jump, etc. Just because her body isn't functioning doesn't mean her mind quit too so she of course still wants to act like a puppy. Once we get her the wheelchair she can run around chasing her fur-siblings and lizards again, lol! Should I have some free time this week though I will try to comeback in and give more details on my card. Otherwise if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)
     Now for my card today I chose to make an A2 size using My Creative Time Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies and More along with The Stamps of Life Birdcage2stamp Set and the matching Birdcage Club Die Set. For my flowers I used a Recollections tiny punch that I picked up at Michael's Crafts this week for only $1.00! Doesn't it give just the cutest little flowers! I adorned them with tiny rhinestones and added some clear Wink of Stella just to give my bird cage a little sparkle too. I didn't want it to feel left out ;) Plus I added a couple of tiny butterflies I punched from silver glitter paper using my other new Recollections mini punch. Again it was only $1. For the scripture I used the largest size die from the My Creative Time Stitched Decorative Banner Dies to cut out the banner. All of the card-stock I used is from Recollections, which I purchased at Michael's Crafts this past week as well because they were having an A-MAZING sale on all of the Recollections card-stock. It was 5 packages for $10. Each package contains 50 sheets of fantastic quality card-stock, which if you do the math comes to 250 sheets of card-stock for just $10! That's an amazing deal! What I also love about the Recollections card-stock is that they offer card-stock to match every one of my Stampin' Up ink pads as well as the My Favorite Things ink pads that I currently own. Also when I cut the Recollections card-stock I don't get a white center. The card-stock is colored all the way through. I have even sanded this card-stock before. So if you haven't tried out this card-stock yet, I highly recommend you give it a shot. You can't beat the price and quality!
      Well folks, that is all I have for now. Don't forget to go check out Word Art Wednesday's Blog. There are tons of beautiful creations, an inspirational devotion, and some good ol' fun. We would love to have you join us! Have a beautiful, blessed, and wonderful week! Until next time, tootles :)



PS: A quick tip to get your string, twine or floss in the shape you'd like is to simply take a very tiny amount of Multi Matte Medium onto your fingers and then rub it all over the string/floss/twine. Remember you only need a little bit and don't worry it dries perfectly clear. Once it's all covered then you will simply shape the bow how you would like and once the Multi Matte Medium dries you have a perfect bow :) Oh and I forgot to mention that the bird cage as well as the little bird were actually die cut 3 times, glued together with the Multi Matte Medium, in order to give it some even dimension without needing to use foam tape/pop dots/etc.



(Disclaimer: Any supply links listed above are links solely being used as a guide to show you what those items are. Some links may come directly from the manufacturer while others may not. Unless otherwise stated all products were purchased with my own money and in no way am I affiliated with these links nor the businesses associated with them. Please use discretion should you choose to shop from the links listed above. Thank you)

4 comments:

  1. Charity, this is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and the flowers. Thanks for stopping by my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments! So glad you came by my blog for a visit! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Charity,
    Your cards are so different making them unique and very beautiful art. It has been pure pleasure to see your work and although I have been recovering and very absent I do check things out as I am able. Our dog had a wheelchair but he was older and did not like it too much. We had diapers made for him and did all we could to make him comfortable. Blessings Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carole! Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet words about my cards. I am not sure what your recovering from but I will be keeping you in my prayers and I pray all is well. I worry to about my dog not liking the wheelchair and so far medications have been helping so we have been avoiding the diapers atleast for now. We don't have the wheelchair yet but we have a makeshift harness that we are using to replicate what a wheelchair will do and she is responding well to it, so I'm praying that she will end up doing well with the wheelchair. Hoping the wheelchair will be ready in the next couple of weeks so we will know soon :) Thank you again for stopping by. Have a wonderful & blessed day, Charity

      Delete